We had a great summer season this year and we loved providing some great experiences for our kids and adults. We are already planning for a wonderful summer season next year, too!
• We offered 28 days of summer camp and had 284 kids participate throughout the summer.
• We hosted three summer concerts in our series this year and had wonderful turnouts for all three.
• We hosted Beaver County Brass and Hopewell Big Band at Chippewa Park and Radiant Strings for our first concert at Sahli Park.
• We also held our annual summer Movie Under the Stars events, and they were a hit again.
• Our Retired Citizens group took a bus trip to Geneva on the Lake Wineries in July and had a wonderful outing.
• Community Day in July saw great crowds of over 2,500 people, and we lucked out with some beautiful weather!
• All our fields and pavilions were busy this summer with a variety of rentals.
• We were fortunate to host the National Seniors Games Archery Tournament which was a great addition to the park this summer.
• We did a lot of work getting the fields ready for our busy fall rental season.
• We added a pavilion to the playground at the back of Wright Fields for people to be able to get some shade while enjoying the playground and soccer matches.
• You also may have noticed that we have had some crazy construction going on at Municipal Park for our ‘Frankie’s Splash Pad’ project. We are hoping to be able to open and fully enjoy that new addition to the township in Spring 2024.
Much of what we were able to offer this summer is due to our Recreation Board, which is a great team of volunteers and our wonderful community sponsors.